As you might have seen, spring is well upon us! So check out this post first before you finalise that Spotify playlist for spring because I’ve got the Top 10 Songs you need to listen to RIGHT NOW.
With this new season in place we’re all searching for those addictive beats to hum away to whilst frolicking through some fields or acting melancholic in your bedroom on a Friday night cause you’ve got study to do. **Crying for you** (Wait, I’m that girl in the bedroom on a Friday night, crying, for me and for you. Don’t worry, I’ll cry double for you hehe).
ELLY-GRACE’S TOP 10 FOR SPRING:
- Youth – Glass Animals (Similar to Gooey by the same artist but doesn’t stop my love for this band, and the entire album for that matter).
- 1000x – Jarryd James ft. Broods. Just pure quality 1000x over.
- Two Weeks – FKA Twigs. The other day my friend was like, “Yeah I think this song is about sex” It totally is, you couldn’t even interpret it any other way.
- I need a forest fire – James Blake, Bon Iver. Also, Bon Iver recently dropped a few new songs with an album on the way- *fingers crossed*
- Lose It – Oh Wonder. It was honestly such a struggle to pick my favourite song from Oh Wonder’s album. I picked this one because it has a sick beat mixed with some jazzy-like tunes…mmm perfect.
- You’re the best – Wet
- Sex – EDEN. Whilst writing this list my friend messaged me telling me to listen to this song as it was (in her words) ‘Guaranteed to mess with your emotional state’. It definitely did. I’ve now listened to it 5 times in a row and I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep tonight.
- The Girls- Lisa Mitchell
- The Birds Pt.1 – The Weeknd. I love this artist so much and always will. He’s just so real arghhhh.
- Gabriel – Bear’s Den. I discovered these guys last year randomly with their song Agape. Listen and fall in love.
Enjoy listening to the sounds of spring over the weekend.
Thanks also to Morgan R for the music guidance.
Missed my last post??? Check it out here: http://dancinginviolentfields.com/uni-students-guide-brisbane-nightlife/
Let me know if you have any more suggestions below!
Photo credit: brigidelaney.tumblr.com